|Job Title:||External Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Fiona Spencer - Chair of Board of Trustees|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2019 15:10|
The University of Gloucestershire Students’ Union is seeking to appoint three new External Trustees to join our board.
The Students’ Union at the University of Gloucestershire delivers a range of activities and opportunities to enhance the lives of our students from sport and societies, to welfare and representation.
For this role we are looking for an individual with experience and expertise in finance as this person will also chair our Audit and Risk committee.
You will be a qualified accountant with experience of financial management, governance & oversight and an understanding of financial audit best practice.
Previous experience of Audit & Risk committee work is of interest but not essential.
General candidate requirements
All candidates will need to be comfortable reading and understanding financial information or willing to learn more about this aspect of the role of a trustee and should have the following:
- An understanding of business management
- A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to attend Board and other meetings, including preparing and reading for those meetings
- A willingness to speak your mind & contribute
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability and good independent judgement
- An understanding and acceptance of the role of a Board of Trustees for a charity
- A commitment to act in accordance with the Nolan principles for ethical conduct in public service.
Desirable but not essential:
- Recent experience of the further or higher education sector or of Students’ Unions themselves
- Experience or knowledge of board or charity governance.
The External Trustee role is as an unpaid volunteer but reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.,
There are 5 scheduled board meetings each year. Each meeting will have associated reading and preparation work.
Some External Trustees will chair or sit on our board sub-committees - Audit & Risk and People & Resources. These committees meet up to 4 times a year and are scheduled to fit attendee requirements.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's