Exciting Trustee Opportunity
|Job Title:||Exciting Trustee Opportunity|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 21:49|
We are looking for two Trustees who will help provide strategy and guide our Fundraising and Finance teams.
We need a corporate fundraiser, ideally with a successful track record in corporate fundraising and partnerships. Knowledge across the mix of fundraising would also be useful.
The role is to help provide strategic direction for fundraising and guide our Fundraising Team We usually carry out a strategic planning day each year.
In addition to Board Meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – will be necessary.
This is ideal for someone with a head for figures and maybe a finance or accounting background, works part time or is retired.
- Chairing the Finance & Risk Committee meetings on a quarterly basis in London
- Working with the finance team in advising the Board on finance matters
- Strategic oversight of the finances, including monitoring the outsourced accounting arrangements
- Attend the AGM and present a summary of the year to the legal members
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Work with the Trustee responsible for fundraising and ensure appropriate measures are being taken to fund the charity
- Oversight of the risks of the organisation, including the non financial risks such as cyber fraud and reputational risk
- Contribute and sit on the Policy Development Group meeting once a year and ad hoc when necessary
- Ensuring that the organisation has an appropriate reserves policy
- Monitoring the organisations investment activity and ensuring its consistency with the organisations policies and legal responsibilities
- Ensuring that we are kept up to date with current regulations All Trustees/Directors are expected to attend Board meetings which take place approximately 4 times a year (2 meetings are held in London, 1 in Maidenhead, Berkshire and 1 at our Annual Scientific Conference location).
It is desired that all Trustees attend the AGM that takes place at conference.
Some Trustees/Directors also serve on sub committees and represent the charity at a variety of events. The time commitment for a Trustee can vary, but is around 6 days per year, on average.
About the Charity
Did you know that over 250,000 people in the UK have inherited high cholesterol or other inherited blood fat conditions, most are living without the knowledge they could have an early heart attack or stroke. Only around 25,000 are identified, including children. We aim to double this to 50,000 by 2023.
We are a growing national charity providing expert support, education and influence to people with high cholesterol, their families and health care professionals.
With your expertise and motivation, you can help us shape the future of the charity and make a difference to peoples lives.
Our vision is to reach as many people as possible to help raise awareness of the dangers of high cholesterol and reduce the number of deaths related to this. We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
Whether you are an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to our Chief Executive, Jules Payne on firstname.lastname@example.org, or for an informal chat please call Jules on 07920 804905.
Deadline: 30 June 2018
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's