|Salary:||0 - 4000|
|Contact Name:||HR Team IWI|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2018 09:03|
ABOUT GLOBAL LEGAL REVIEW
As a brainchild of International Women’s Initiative (IWI), Global Legal Review was established as a means to further aid women seeking answers and change to their circumstances. We are a team of dedicated and passionate remotely-based volunteers, striving towards our common vision of equality and gender justice.
Our work predominantly focuses on raising awareness of women’s rights issues across the globe through legal research, reports and lobbying efforts. We aim to not only educate the international community on the status of women’s rights abuse through our research and lobbying efforts, but also to empower and support those women who wish to seek justice and accountability through legal mechanisms. PERFORMED REMOTELY
▪ Reporting directly to the Editor-in-Chief of the Global Legal Review, you will read, evaluate and edit material for grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors, style consistency and accessibility to readers, in accordance with GLR Guidelines and expectations. This material will subsequently be uploaded to the GLR media platform as well as distributed to relevant governmental bodies, NGOs etc., in line with GLR advocacy and lobbying activities.
▪ Liaise with relevant Legal Researchers and Editors to resolve queries/questions regarding material.
▪ Format articles and reports in accordance with GLR templates and support the legal researchers in adhering to the appropriate referencing style.
▪ Liaise with a team of Legal Researchers and Editors to ensure a positive, proactive and supportive team dynamic, centred on open dialogue.
▪ Work according to the team schedule to ensure the timely delivery of our objectives and a consistently high-quality output.
▪ Minimum academic qualification: undergraduate degree in English Language, Literature or a related Human Rights/Law discipline.
▪ 2+ years’ experience in an editing/proofreading/copy editing role.
▪ Highly proficient in the written English language.
▪ Experience in using Microsoft Office proficiently to edit content, source references and conduct plagiarism checks.
▪ Passionate about women・s rights and gender equality.
▪ Attention to detail and ability to work within strict, often conflicting, deadlines.
▪ Ability to work in a team environment, and also work on own initiative.
▪ Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
▪ Able to provide a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week