DONOR ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
|Job Title:||DONOR ENGAGEMENT OFFICER|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||DONOR ENGAGEMENT OFFICER|
|Contact Name:||HR Team IWI|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2018 08:57|
The Donor Engagement Officer is a critical player in generating financial resources to achieve IWI’s goals and mission. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to grow the number of individual prospects and donors capable of supporting IWI as major contributors. In working with the Deputy Director of Fundraising, you will implement strategies that contribute to the acquisition, cultivation and retention of major gift donors. You are excited by challenges and working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and you excel at innovative, strategic thinking.
The Donor Engagement Officer will have an entrepreneurial spirit will you work closely with staff to identify key donor populations to be cultivated, develop and manage individual stewardship plans for low-level donors, and ensure timely reporting to donors on the impact of their gift. There will be plenty of cold calling, and we will look to you to leverage analytics and other information to optimize the effectiveness of your efforts. You will be able to use data about donors such as wealth capacity, interest areas, geographies, history, the number of gifts and more.
The Donor Engagement Officer role is donor facing, and you will be responsible for donor discovery, as well as recommending, implementing, and coordinating donor relations and stewardship to promote interaction with and recognition of donors giving annual gifts between £1,000 and £50,000. The Donor Engagement Officer works to ensure meaningful lifetime relationships that increase giving for mission support.
You will invest about 60% of your time managing your portfolio, which will include prospecting and qualifying. You will vet donors through research, discovery calls, meetings, and other standard prospecting techniques. This will include establishing and coordinating individual and/or annual stewardship plans for key donors of all types. You will provide support to fundraising staff including assistance with preparation of highly personalised letters, proposals, and impact reports for donors as well as coordination and tracking of donor engagement activities and events.
Another 30% of your time will go to stewarding existing donors and engaging new prospects. This includes helping to organise special fundraising and donor cultivation events, such as private dinners and larger-scale annual galas.
You'll spend about 10% of your time supporting other fundraising initiatives across London. You also will coordinate efforts with the Partnerships, PR & Marketing and Events teams on donor stewardship and recognition, including benefit fulfilment, preparation of the annual report donor listings, donor stories, and other donor communications.
Key Deliverables: Positioning and Donor Cultivation
▪ Support the cultivation and strengthening of relationships with select donors and other collaborators. Assist with assessing the "fit" between donor priorities and IWI priorities.
▪ Lead the development and implementation of strategic engagement and positioning plans for priority donors. Support actions to help shape the donors’ understanding of IWI, including organisational visibility, senior-level interaction and representation, and opportunity creation, in partnership with relevant staff.
▪ As appropriate, engage directly with donors in coordination with IWI Communications, senior management, and/or PR & Marketing staff.
Key Deliverables: Opportunity Pursuit
▪ Provide expertise to staff regarding donor procedures and processes for accessing funding. As applicable, oversee the use of donor registrations and electronic portals.
▪ Give direct assistance to IWI staff on capture planning, bid analysis, and proposal preparation and/or review for specific donor opportunities.
▪ As appropriate, serve in a key role on proposal teams.
▪ Minimum bachelor’s degree in non-profit management or a related field
▪ 3+ years experience in fundraising for a non-profit organisation
▪ donor relations and stewardship experience, excellent writing ability
▪ demonstrated experience writing acknowledgements, cultivation, and other philanthropy copy
▪ experience with philanthropy databases
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's