29 days ago
Farnham District Scout Council
Specific On-going Tasks
- Manage the district accounts.
- Make entries into the accounting system.
- Ensure that all entries are backed up with receipts and/or invoices
- File all paperwork in a logical, tidy fashion
- Manage and reconcile the bank accounts and online account
- Manage bank account alternative users
- Make payments of expenses and/or supplier bills/invoices
- Prepare annual membership invoices and send to various group treasurers
- Chase payment of membership invoices
- Ensure that the payment of membership to county is done before the appointed deadline (normally 5th April each year)
- Negotiate with suppliers for various services
- Help Campsite Manager with the prep and issuance of campsite booking invoices, where needed
- Ensure that the treasurer is an authorised signatory on all District accounts
- Where there is a district event manage and/or chase payments from those attending event, such as Family Camp, Jamboree, Bazzazz and so on. Make payments and ensure receipt of payment documents from suppliers for these events.
Executive Committee Meetings
Attend quarterly meetings to present prepared Treasurers report and answer financial questions.
Prepare District accounts and financial reports and present to Auditor for checking and sign off:-
This involves collecting the reports for all the district explorer groups, scout shop accounts and network and theme camp accounts. These groups all report to district and their accounts along with the district accounts for the “consolidated pack” for report to the Charity Commission.
When accounts approved provide all committee members with a copy, signed by the chair.
Present the accounts at the district AGM, held in July of each year.
Upload accounts to the charity commission web site and provide a copy of the accounts to county.
Complete the Annual Charity Commission Return