|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Claire Drummond|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2020 11:37|
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Vetting level: Enhanced DBS
Reporting to: Chair of the Board of Directors
Specific role purpose:
As a Director, you will focus on:
- Setting and monitoring the strategic direction of the organisation
- Monitoring its financial performance
- Assuring it meets all regulatory and legislative requirements to a high standard.
The role of a Director is voluntary; however, expenses incurred can be claimed.
Specific role responsibilities and requirements:
- Determine the purpose of the organisation
- Set a strategic plan to ensure the delivery of this purpose
- Monitor the delivery of the strategic plan
- Continuously review the purpose of the organisation in the context of the changing social and economic environment.
- Appoint, manage and support the Chief Executive
- Ensure via effective delegation to the Chief Executive that appropriate processes and structures are in place
- Set an example to the employees of the organisation through a professional approach to the role and by demonstrating values consistent with the organisation’s ethos
- Sustain the organisation’s reputation by maintaining a professional and ethical organisational culture
- Identify and disclose conflicts of interest and work with other directors and senior employees to mitigate any risks associated with these conflicts.
Decision making, risk and control
- Monitor performance against strategic objectives
- Continuously review the financial performance of the organisation including setting and reviewing budgets and reviewing the annual audited accounts
- Monitor the financial and non-financial risks to the organisation and resulting risk-management plans
- Where responsibilities are delegated to the Chief Executive and senior employees, monitor these responsibilities via effective line management
- Appoint the organisation’s auditors
- Oversee the organisation’s compliance with the Care Quality Commission requirements
- Oversee the organisation’s compliance with HMO requirements (Houses in Multiple Occupation).
- Work effectively with the other directors to lead the organisation as a team
- Support the appointment of new directors where required
- Continuously review the mix of skills, knowledge and experience of directors to ensure the organisation can be governed effectively
- Undertake training as required in line with the requirements of the position.
- Encourage inclusivity and participation amongst Directors
- Monitor the organisation’s diversity ensuring it takes an open and inclusive approach to all activities.
Openness and accountability
- Through effective delegation, proactively communicate with relevant stakeholders about the purpose, plans and activities of the organisation
- When things go wrong or there has been a near-miss, adopt a transparent approach to communicating with any affected parties.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
Knowledge & Experience
This section details the requirement of experiences and knowledge
- Demonstrable commitment to the work of Lisieux Trust
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team while contributing an independent perspective
- An ability to make collective strategic decisions for the good of Lisieux Trust
- Willingness to attend Board Meetings and give the minimum time commitment required (5-8 hours every three months)
- Knowledge and experience of the range of equality and diversity issues, including ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, belief or age
- An ability to think creatively
- Openness, honesty and leadership
- Professional integrity
- Sound judgement and effective decision making
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of directorship.