Director and trustee
|Job Title:||Director and trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2021 10:15|
St Albans International Organ Festival is arguably the world's leading organ competition and a lot more. We need trustee-directors to help shape this internationally renowned music festival for its 60th anniversary and beyond.
To promote education through the appreciation and encouragement of the arts including specifically the advancement of the organ as a musical instrument and the education of members of the public in the art and science of organ music and its performance.
What will you be doing?
- The role of the trustee board member is to drive the strategic direction of The International Organ Festival Society (IOFS), present the biennial International Organ Festival and a regular concert program.
- Trustees work to ensure that the IOFS manages its financial position reasonably given the inevitable risks associated with promoting an arts festival.
- Trustees (other than the Artistic Director) work on a voluntary basis. They must become members of the Festival Society.
- Board meetings are held 8-10 times a year, usually in St. Albans, and last approximately 2 hours. During the pandemic the board has been meeting remotely via Zoom.
- Trustees may be asked to take responsibility for specific activities or provide advice in between board meetings.
- Attendance at IOF concerts and events is desirable whenever possible to build relations with members and supporters.
What are we looking for?
We are interested in trustees who have experience or skills that complement existing trustees and support succession. Specifically we are seeking candidates with experience in one or more of: Fundraising, Financial management, Operations management, Marketing, IT, Governance.
Other attributes of an ideal candidates are:
- an interest in organ music
- ability to think creatively and work as part of a team
- ability to devote the necessary time and effort on a voluntary basis.
Previous membership of a voluntary Board would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- use your skills and experience to ensure the success, stability and future direction of the renowned International Organ Festival
- build and strengthen links to the local St Albans community
- function as Director & Trustee while getting first hand knowledge of how an arts festival is mounted
Meetings are in St Albans in office hours by mutual agreement. Attendance at IOF concerts and events is desirable to build relations with supporters.
Before you apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a supporting statement of maximum 2 sides of A4 demonstrating how they meet the requirements of the specification. Successful applicants will be invited to observe an initial board meeting before appointment.
Deadline: 19 Sep 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's