|Reference:||Healthwatch Bucks Director|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Virginia Brown|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2021 17:11|
Our current Directors have created a sound foundation for Healthwatch Bucks and span a broad range of experiences, skills and backgrounds.
We are now looking for additional members to bring new experiences and perspectives. Ideally, our board members should live or work in Buckinghamshire so that they have a good grasp of the issues surrounding local health and social care and a passion for making those services the best they can be.
Since a number of our directors will be retiring in 2022 after completing their maximum three terms on the Board, we particularly want to recruit directors with experience in:
- mental health
- primary care
- patient experience
- lived experience of disability
- voluntary sector provision
We are also looking for skills in:
- strategic planning
- finance & income generation
- human resources
It is essential that the Board is representative of a good age and geographical spread across the country. We, therefore, encourage interest from people who will improve the diversity of our Board and help provide access to those communities which are sometimes harder to reach.
Applicants should work or live in Buckinghamshire or have demonstrable close connections with the county. They must be over the age of 18 and eligible to work in the UK.
It is important that applicants, or members of their immediate family, do not have any potential conflict of interest through any existing roles in the local health and social care economy.
Therefore, eligible applicants are likely to be those who are not currently:
- health or social service or care providers, or their employees, within Buckinghamshire
- providers affiliated with a private company providing goods and services to local healthcare and social care providers;
- commissioners of health and social care services in Buckinghamshire.
In addition, under the Companies Act 2006, someone may not be a Director if:
- he or she has been disqualified from acting as a company director (unless special permission has been granted by the court to act for a particular company); or
- she or he is an undischarged bankrupt (unless special permission has been granted by the court).
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency at listening to and ensuring that lesser heard voices have the opportunity to contribute
- Skilled in building strong relationships and collaborative working partnerships
- Ability to work as part of a team and enthuse others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate effectively, challenge positively, influence others and communicate with a wide range of audiences at different levels
- Ability to participate effectively in discussions and represent people who access services in a clear and professional manner.
- Commitment to the aims, objectives and values of Healthwatch Bucks
- Understanding of good governance principles including the legal duties and responsibilities of directorship
- Strong connections with or knowledge of local communities, networks and services
- Experience of working in a collective decision-making group or awareness of board level working
- Experience of management or leadership in the corporate, statutory or voluntary sectors.
Desirable knowledge and experience
Healthwatch Bucks Directors should be able to contribute to the effectiveness of the Board in one or more of the following ways:
- Good local knowledge of some aspects of Buckinghamshire health and social care environment
- Experience of representing the ‘voice’ of others
- Understanding the challenges facing the NHS, local government and the voluntary sector which may impact on local community health and wellbeing.
Application and selection
To apply, candidates are asked to provide:
- a personal statement detailing how you meet the person specification included in this document. Please list each criteria and state clearly what relevant experience or skills you have for each one;
- a copy of your CV.
Applications should be emailed by 7 June 2021 to email@example.com.
All applications will be considered by comparing the contents of the CV and personal statement against the role and experience requirements. All applications will be acknowledged and shortlisted candidates contacted and invited for informal interview most likely to be held online depending on Covid-19 guidance applying at the time.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact our Chair, Jenny Baker, on
0781 8011 891.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's