|Job Title:||Digital Trustee|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 19:05|
Blackburn Darwen And District Without Abuse
BDDWA exists to assist in the relief of people who have suffered or who are at risk of suffering domestic abuse, through the provision of support, advice and accommodation.
Digital Trustee Role
Contribute to our work helping secure the safety of those affected by domestic abuse and use your business expertise by joining our board as our Digital Trustee.
Main responsibilities along with other Trustees
- To work collaboratively with the other trustees, keeping with and furthering BDDWA’s charitable objectives.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- With other trustees, to ensure that the policy and practices of the organisation are in keeping with its aims.
- With other trustees, to ensure that the organisation functions within the legal and financial requirements of a charitable organisation that strives to achieve best practice.
Responsibilities of Digital Trustee
- Provide thought leadership on the role of digital in BDDWA’s fundraising, marketing, communications, service delivery and operations and help build and implement this vision.
- Highlight the opportunities and the risks of digital in terms of our strategy in general.
- Translate the risks and opportunities of digital for other trustees, to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a social media strategy.
- Champion the use of data in board discussions, and in driving the delivery and improvement of fundraising, marketing, communications, service delivery and operations
- Draw on your networks to support our work.
- Help ensure that the executive / operations teams have the digital capabilities that they need to implement the strategy.
- Successful track record in digital marketing or e-commerce.
- Expertise around social media and the development of a social media strategy.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and criticise constructively.
- Good, independent judgement and a willingness to speak your mind.
- A firm belief in and commitment to BDDWA’s mission.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Willingness to help set up and maintain social media posts.
- Experience and knowledge of services for victims of abuse.
- Experience and knowledge of other support services for women, men and children/young people.
What in it for the Volunteer?
You will be joining a board with an informal style and an open, collaborative culture where new ideas are welcomed.
• Board meets monthly, at 5pm for approximately two and half hours.
• Undertaking e-learning modules in respect of children and adult safeguarding
How to apply
Please send a CV to Reach Volunteering along with a supporting statement outlining why you are interested in BDDWA and how you believe your skills and experience will strengthen their board.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's