|Job Title:||Digital Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2019 16:38|
Devon Community Foundation is seeking a Digital Trustee.
DCF is a unique organisation, privileged to be working alongside people who are motivated by wanting to make a difference across Devon. Every year, we make hundreds of grants to groups doing vital and life changing work in our local communities. At the same time, we provide a cost-effective, personal and flexible way for those wanting to invest in these community groups and make a lasting difference to local issues and causes in Devon.
Digital transformation is about DCF improving our efficiency and effectiveness, communicating better and putting data at our own and others’ fingertips. Your experience of delivering incremental change to existing technologies and processes through the introduction of new and digital technologies will help us achieve this.
- Provide thought leadership on the role of digital in DCF’s development and effectiveness and help build and implement this vision.
- Highlight the opportunities and the risks of digital, in terms of our strategy in general, and in reference to our connections with Donors and grant applicants, and our use of data in evaluation in particular.
- Translate the risks and opportunities of digital for other trustees, to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way.
- Take the lead in evaluating proposals for digital development for the board.
- Provide strategic oversight of the implementation of our digital objectives.
- Champion the use of data in board discussions, and in driving the delivery and improvement of our digital development.
- Draw on your networks to support our work.
- Help ensure that the executive / operations teams have the digital capabilities that they need to implement the strategy.
Skills & Qualities of a Digital Trustee
- Understand best practise in digital design including user research, prototyping, rolling out and maintaining digital products and services.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering transformational change to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements for customers.
- Experience of current agile project management practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital services.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Extensive networks, and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate.
- Long term commitment to Devon Community Foundation
Attendance at four board meetings per year.
Meetings take place across Devon so a willingness to travel throughout the county is essential.
How to Apply
Please send: Your current comprehensive CV, including details of two referees (who will not of course be contacted without your prior knowledge and consent). A supporting statement outlining how you feel your skills and experience could be of benefit to DCF and, crucially, detailing your motivation for applying for the role, particularly as the charity continues to grow and prepares for long term sustainable growth.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's