|Job Title:||Digital Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 13:03|
About the organisation
Reach Volunteering are currently working with The Money Charity - the UK’s financial capability charity - to appoint a Digital Trustee to join their board to help oversee the running of the charity.
The Money Charity believe that being on top of your money means more control of your life, reducing stress and hardship; and helps you achieve your goals and live a happier, more positive life. Our vision is for everyone to be on top of their money as a part of everyday life. We empower people across the UK to achieve this throughout their lives.
About the role
The digital trustee will provide leadership to the board of trustees and the wider organisation on the role digital plays in achieving their mission, ensuring that we strategically deliver accessible, scalable and cost effective services to enrich our offerings to our beneficiaries and optimise technology to free up the time and energy for our staff and volunteers to focus on solving the big challenges facing people’s understanding and access to financial wellbeing.
Through the leadership of this role the board will be able to have oversight and understanding of the role digital plays in achieving our strategy and make informed decisions about the delivery of the strategy from a digital perspective.
- Perform the usual duties of a trustee
- Demonstrate a passion for financial wellbeing, commitment to quality, flexibility, a non-judgemental and engaging approach to all aspects of the role
- Provide strategic oversight of digital projects, including advising the team on the development of strategies that utilise digital communications. Identify opportunities to enhance the role of digital at the Money Charity and help identify people and organisations to work with us on this.
- Take the lead in evaluating staff proposals for marketing, communications, service delivery or operations with a digital element for the board.
- Experience of working at a senior management / leadership level.
- Able to work within a team and willing to take collective responsibility for governance of our charity.
- Successful track record in the areas of digital marketing and/or digital product development/operations/process development
- Demonstrable experience of delivering digital services to business technologies and processes, to deliver cost savings and service improvements for customers
- Ability to work at a strategic and visionary level whilst understanding the detail and complexities of delivery, and the influencing skills needed to bring staff and stakeholders along with plans.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
- Extensive networks, and a willingness to draw on contacts as appropriate
What difference will you make?
We are currently launching an ambitious strategy for the next three years. We want the support of a digital trustee, to make sure we are making the most of digital opportunities.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- Make a significant difference to a charity with ambitious expansion plans through a new strategy
- The unique opportunity to develop existing skills, gain experience in charity leadership and governance with a national charity
- Full induction and training, including the roles and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees
- Access the training we offer to staff and beneficiaries, including auditing,
financial training and shadowing our delivery in schools, workplaces and communities
Mostly during office hours. Approximately half a day a month including a quarterly board meeting.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Deadline: 18 Apr 2019