about 1 month ago
Wales Council for Voluntary Action
Can you help us make a real difference in Wales?
Charities make a difference.
Voluntary groups make a difference.
Volunteers make a difference.
We can make a bigger difference working together.
Would you relish the opportunity to give something back to the community, to make a difference to people's lives? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
Volunteering is an amazing experience and provides the opportunity for you to develop new skills, build on your existing experience & knowledge, network building and being at the centre of supporting Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) to help deliver our charitable aims.
We are currently looking for someone to join us as Deputy Treasurer to:
- ensure our financial affairs are conducted within legal requirements, accounting conventions and good practice
- work in partnership with the Treasurer, Director of Finance and Chief Executive to ensure the financial viability and development of the charity
We are specifically looking for an individual with a finance background who will take on the role with the ability and willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
Who will be suited to this role?
Ideally our Deputy Treasurer will have:
- a finance qualification and/or experience
- some experience or knowledge of charity finance
- skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
Status of the role
The Deputy Treasurer is a voluntary role and is not a member of WCVA's Board of Trustees.
The Deputy Treasurer will be expected to attend the following meetings:
- Finance Committe meets 4 times a year (1.5 - 2 hrs per meeting)
- Board of Trustees meets 4 times a year (2 hrs per meeting)
WCVA is the national membership body for voluntary organisations in Wales. We support charities, voluntary and community groups, social enterprises and volunteering, also known as the voluntary or not-for-profit sector. Our vision is a future where the voluntary sector and volunteering thrive across Wales, improving wellbeing for all.
How to apply
If you want to make a difference and are interested in this voluntary opportunity we'd love to hear from you.
Please contact Ruth Marks, Chief Executive on firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to arrange an informal chat. The closing date is 30 November 2020.
We really look forward to hearing from you.