10 days ago
About the organisation
Centre 33 is a young people’s charity working across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, specialising in supporting young people up to the age of 25. Their vision is that every young person is listened to and respected for who they are; and that they receive support to enable them to be who they want to be.
- Information and support through drop-ins, assessment of need and onward referral
- Support around sexual health, housing, and finance
- Support to young carers
- Mental health and counselling service
About the role
Centre 33 is seeking a trustee to join the board as Deputy Chair. You will be bringing your experience to a focused and successful team and your engagement will play a significant role in strengthening the current board. Your involvement will help to enable the organisation to continue providing the vital work they do supporting young people across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deputising, chairing and facilitating board meetings in the Chair's absence
- Agreeing the annual cycle of board meetings
- Agreeing agendas for board meetings
- Monitoring that decisions taken at meetings are implemented
- Representing (or delegating to other trustees) the organisation at functions, meetings etc
- Acting as a spokesperson as appropriate
As well as working alongside your fellow Board members to ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document.
- Demonstrable experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation
- Commitment to the organisation and its values
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Leadership skills
- Experience of committee work
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Knowledge of the type of work undertaken by the organisation
- Evidence of wider involvement with the voluntary sector and other networks
Attendance and preparation for six meetings a year. These are currently held on Tuesday evening 6 – 8 pm.
Outside of board meetings time commitment is negotiable and based on individual commitments and availability.
Board meetings are held at the organisation’s premises: 33 Clarendon Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 1JX
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.