|Job Title:||County Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Donn|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2020 16:55|
We are currently looking for a County Treasurer. This is a key role and we need someone who can help us manage our ﬁnances and assets; as well as with the vision to help us achieve our strategic goals and ensure we have the resources to do so.
You don't need any prior experience of Scouting to apply for this role: we'll make sure you're fully trained and supported. The majority of the time this role can be completed working from home save for any face to face meetings with the County Executive or the AGM. Currently these are all taking place over the internet via Zoom calls.
This vacancy, for the role of County Treasurer, is in Greater London North Scout County which covers areas of London including The City, Barnet, Holloway, Edgware, Hendon, Golders Green, Wood Green, Harringay, Highgate, Hampstead, Southgate, Enfield, Edmonton, Islington, Tottenham. We are a vibrant and diverse Scout County and we are proud to have over 5,100 youth members and 1,800 adults.
We offer exciting opportunities - not only to our young people, but our adult volunteers too. We believe in equipping our members with skills for life and we do this through a programme of activities that is challenging, relevant and rewarding.
We are fortunate to have several District owned camp sites, which are at the heart of our local adventures. Our members also take full advantage of camps and events around the UK and internationally. In the last 12 months we travelled to USA, Peru, France, Spain, Ireland, Finland, Iceland, Romania and Belgium (to name but a few!)
Do you have the skills we need to help us continue our amazing journey, to the beneﬁt of young people and adults across North London?
The Treasurer will provide sound ﬁnancial administration, support and information to the Executive Committee (Trustees) and County in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The County Scout Council
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Members of the Finance and Fundraising Committee
- County Chair;
- County Secretary, County Trustees;
- County Commissioner, Deputy County Commissioners, Assistant County Commissioners;
- District Commissioner(s), District Treasurer(s), District Trustees;
Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and acceptance of The Scout Association's policies). Must be eligible for charity trustee status.
Must complete Scout Executive Committee training (2 hours) within 5 months of appointment.
DURATION OF TERM:
Reviewed and elected annually by the County Scout Council at each Annual General Meeting.
Average of 3 hours per week (this may be attendance at meetings or agreed tasks / administration)
I conﬁrm that I:
a) do not have any unspent conviction(s) for an offence involving dishonesty or deception; and
b) am not currently declared bankrupt (or subject to bankruptcy restrictions or an interim order or sequestration in Scotland) or have an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) with creditors; and
c) am not disqualiﬁed from being a Company Director; and
d) have not at any time been removed as a trustee from any charity by any charity regulator in the UK (or a court) due to misconduct or mismanagement; and
e) am not disqualiﬁed from being a trustee by an order of the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Ofﬁce of Scottish Charity Regulator or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland.
- Manage and monitor the ﬁnancial activities of the County, acting as Treasurer for the County Scout Council;
- Play a full and active part in the business of the Executive Committee and as a Trustee; uphold the responsibilities of the Committee as outlined in the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association;
- Prepare and present ﬁnancial reports and accounts to the County Executive Committee
- Lead the Executive Committee in the creation of budgets, ﬁnancial planning and monitoring of these;
- Ensure that all annual reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books, and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations;
- Ensure that the County can function ﬁnancially, has appropriate reserves, accounting procedures and controls in place;
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Committee and present these at the Annual General Meeting
- Administer the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with The Scout Associations Policy, Organisation and Rules;
- Dealing with all requirements of the Charity Commission including the filing of an Annual Report and Accounts on a timely basis;
For more information, or for an informal chat about the vacancy, please contact: Name: Andrew Wellbeloved, County Chair
Phone: 07941 758645