Conwy Mind Trustee
|Job Title:||Conwy Mind Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Suzanne Evanson|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2021 10:56|
Conwy Mind Trustee Role Description
Conwy Mind Trustees share formal responsibilities and must act in the charities best interest. Our Trustees will contribute to the function of the Board of Trustees providing strategic direction and work in partnership with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team. We require Trustees who represent a broad spectrum of experience, perspectives, and opinions to enable Conwy Mind to continue to prosper.
1. The responsibility of the Trustee Board is to:
- Develop strategy and broad policy directions.
- Monitor and review the implementation of these by the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team
- Ensure Compliance to statutory obligations affecting Conwy Mind
2. Ensure the organisation pursues its stated objectives as defined in the governing documents (Memorandum (& Articles) of the Association of Conwy Mind) and by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
3. Ensure the organisation complies with its governing documents, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
4. Ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in implementation of its charitable objects, as specified in the governing documents, for the benefit of its service users.
5. Ensure that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets.
6. Safeguard the good name and values of Conwy Mind.
7. Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place.
8. Ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
9. Protect and manage the property of the charity and ensure the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
10. Follow proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal, and remuneration of the CEO.
11. Observe total confidentiality.
12. To revise this Role Description as necessary in consultation with the Board.
Conwy Mind Trustee – Person Specification
1. Ability to contribute to Board discussions involving key business processes such as training accounts and budgets, staff management and organisation development, and strategic planning.
2. Understanding / awareness of community engagement and development issues in Conwy County.
3. An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship.
4. Ability to be an effective member of a small, focused team and to support the CEO and Senior Leadership Team in their work.
5. Trustees will demonstrate selfless, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
6. A commitment to the organisation supporting people with their mental health.
7. A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to support the organisation
8. To have strategic vision
9. A willingness to speak your mind
10. Able to attend occasional daytime meetings and travel to the Conwy Mind office and various meeting locations within Conwy.
1. Knowledge/ understanding of mental health issues, policy and practice.
2. Specific skills / experiences:
- Marketing and public relations
- Legal matters particularly relating to charity/company law
- Statutory organisations
- Target setting, monitoring, and evaluating performance and progress
3. Ability to speak creatively
4. Ability to lead specific board strategic or regulatory actions such as heading Committees or guiding projects.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's