Conservation Charity Investments Advisor Volunteer
|Job Title:||Conservation Charity Investments Advisor Volunteer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel McGoff|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 13:04|
The Chagos Conservation Trust (CCT) is a UK charity that conducts and promotes conservation work and scientific and historical research in the Chagos Archipelago, a UK Overseas Territory. We are largely voluntary with the board of trustees made up from a diverse group of scientists, conservationists, campaigners and finance specialists with one thing in common: working to conserve the Chagos Archipelago.
The Chagos Archipelago is made up of a collection of over 55 islands and coral reefs surrounded by open sea. On 1st April 2010 the Chagos Archipelago was designated by the British government as a fully no-take marine protected area.
CCT seeks a volunteer/Trustee to lead on the management of CCT’s investment portfolio. There is the option of making this a full Trustee position, or a non-Trustee role acting in an advisory capacity to the Board and sitting on the Finance Committee.
The role will involve:
- Regular monitoring of and quarterly reporting to the Board on the performance of investment portfolio
- Acting as main point of contact with the Trust’s investment managers
- Attending Finance Committee meetings (2-4 per year)
- Attending quarterly Board meetings (if made full Trustee)
- Supporting Trustees in decision making regarding investments (e.g. which fund to draw down from at a given time)
- Supporting Trustees with period reviews of investment policy
Application deadline: Please send a CV and cover letter by 14/10/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: January 2020
Location: Meetings are held in London or by remote webinar
For more information please contact email@example.com
This is an unremunerated volunteer position