|Job Title:||Company Secretary/Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 200000|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2021 14:55|
The National Association of Child Contact Centres is seeking a Company Secretary who will provide a range of effective administrative support services to the Chair, the Board of Trustees, and to the CEO.
NACCC is a membership organisation whose centres help around 17000 children a year in their 340 accredited centres. There are two kinds of centres supported centres are a vital part of many communities. Supervised centres are used for cases where there is a risk of harm. These centres are run by around 4000 volunteer and 1000 employed staff.
At NACCC we are primarily concerned with supporting our members and the existence of clear defined and applied standards in contact centres is critical. To assist us in reviewing and revising these standards NACCC and our members now have the benefit of an independent Standards Review Panel chaired by a judge.
Total Time Commitment (to include but not limited to):
- 4 Board meetings per year (March, June, September & December)
- 1 AMG per year (September/October)
- Other interim meetings
- Remuneration: Pro bono. Expenses for travel and subsistence are paid within the policy.
- Provide advice to the Board on constitutional and procedural matters
- Ensure that the Charity complies with relevant legislation and regulations
- Establish procedures for the sound governance of the Charity and will advise the Chair and Board of Trustees
- Ensure that meetings of the Board of Trustees run efficiently and effectively, are properly recorded and that Trustees receive appropriate support to fulfil their legal duties
- Ensure that the procedure for the election and appointment of Trustees/directors is properly carried out and they should assist in the proper induction of trustees/directors, including assessing the specific training needs of each board member
- Ability to provide comprehensive practical support and guidance to the board as individuals and as a collective
- Assist in the compilation of board papers and to ensure they comply with the required standards of good governance
The company secretary is primarily responsible for the smooth and efficient running of meetings of the trustee/director board and any committees. The company secretary will work closely with the chair of the board to provide assistance and support.
The company secretary will be closely involved in monitoring the compliance with various legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the Charity and its activities. The company secretary will also assist the chair in ensuring that the board’s decisions are acted upon, and that all decisions made by the board are in accordance with the articles of association, reflect the objects of the Charity.
The company secretary should be responsible for keeping the ‘conscience’ of the Charity, by way of ensuring that the trustees/directors continue to take decisions and act in line with the articles of association, and comply with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements the charity’s is subject to.
- The highest standards of personal integrity and professionalism
- Experience of charity sector governance requirements
- Ideally a member (or retired) of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators or alternatively, a degree/significance experience in business, law, accountancy or public administration
- Ability to build and develop strong, supporting working relationships with a forming Leadership Team, advising and coaching the Leadership Team and Board on all governance
- Flexibility to attend all Board meetings and respond to emails, at sometimes, short notice (days not hours)
How to apply
Please apply directly through Reach and we will forward you an application pack. Closing date: 29th January 2021.