|Job Title:||Company Secretary|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2020 09:00|
Kairos exists to increase the life-chances, choices and wellbeing of women caught up in prostitution, affected by or at risk of sexual exploitation in Coventry.
Kairos Women Working Together (KairosWWT) are seeking a Secretary to join our friendly and committed board of trustees.
The role of Secretary is to support the Chair by ensuring the board of trustees conducts itself professionally and effectively in providing sound governance of the charity. It is primarily an administrative role that involves organising the agenda for trustee meetings, taking minutes and ensuring all relevant compliance information is accurately maintained and action points are followed up.
By joining our board you will get to support the strategic development of the organisation as it serves vulnerable women in Coventry. You will also get a great insight into the workings of a grassroots, frontline organisation making a vital difference in the lives of some of Coventry's most vulnerable women.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, but professional and committed board of trustees.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a Trustee, duties of the Secretary are as follows.
- Preparing agendas in consultation with the Chair and Chief Executive, and circulating them and any supporting papers in good time
- Making all the arrangements for meetings (booking the room, arranging for equipment and refreshments, organising facilities for those with special needs, etc)
- Receiving agenda items from other Trustees / employees
- Checking that a quorum is present
- Taking minutes and circulating draft minutes to all Trustees
- Ensuring that the minutes are signed by the Chair once they have been approved
- Checking that Trustees and employees have carried out actions agreed at a previous meeting
- Circulating agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting and any special or extraordinary general meetings (where required)
- Fulfilling the functions of a Company Secretary
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
In addition to the person specification for a Trustee, the Secretary should have the following qualities.
- Organisational ability
- Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures
- Minute-taking experience
Trustees meet every other month in Coventry or Leamington, withoccasional additional meetings via phone/Skype.The secretary will also need to be available to carry out administrativeduties between board meetings.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter totalling no more than 500 words detailing why you are interested in this role and what relevant skills and experience you bring. Send your application to Michelle, Acting Chair of Trustees, via Reach.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's