|Job Title:||College Governor|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Alison Shillito|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2021 16:12|
As a member of the Governing Body your insights, skills, experience and ideas would widen our strategic perspective and help to shape the college’s future development.
We are looking for people who have the following attributes.
- Committed to the values and aims of The Sheffield College, its role in improving education and training within the City Region, and who are ambitious to achieve best possible outcomes for learners.
- Confident, of an independent mind, able to lead and contribute to courageous conversations, to express their opinion and to play an active role on the board.
- Strategic thinker, possessing an enquiring mind and an analytical approach someone understands the value of meaningful questioning.
- Challenging being able to challenge without giving offence, not taking information or data at face value and always driving for improvement.
- Team player who is prepared to listen to and collaborate with others, understanding the importance of building strong working relationships.
- Willing and able to learn self-reflective, pursuing learning and development opportunities to improve their own and whole board effectiveness.
- Creative able to challenge conventional wisdom and be open-minded about new approaches to problem solving. People who recognise the value of innovation and creative thinking to organisational development and success.
In addition to the above core attributes, we are currently looking to strengthen Board expertise in further and technical education, curriculum quality, digital employment sector and we are looking to strengthen our board diversity. We welcome expressions of interest from people from a black or minority ethnic background.
If you’re excited about the scope of this role and the opportunity to have a real impact in a place that makes a difference to lives, then read the job description to find out more and apply today.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's