Cheshire West and Chester
27 days ago
The Treasurer will provide sound financial administration, support and information to the Executive Board and Cheshire Scouts in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scouts.
Responsible to: Cheshire County Scout Council 'Cheshire Scouts'
Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of Cheshire Scouts.
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Board.
- Leading the Executive Board in the creation of budgets and financial planning and monitoring of these.
- Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations.
- Ensuring that Cheshire Scouts is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place.
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Board and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting.
- Administering the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules.
- Membership and attendance of any finance working groups or sub-Committees set by the Executive Board where appropriate.
General Trustee Responsibilities:
- To be a full and active participant in Executive Board meetings and activities.
- To uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout's Policy Organisation and Rules.
- Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the Cheshire Scouts.
- Contribute to the strategic aims and future development of Cheshire Scouts.
- An understanding of their own role and the role of others on the Executive Committee.
- A commitment to understanding and forming opinions on the key discussion points and responsibilities of the Executive Board.
- Willingness to complete various tasks which support the work of the Executive Board and aims of Cheshire Scouts .
Skills for a Treasurer:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to think creatively and solve problems.
- Previous experience of financial management or the role of a Charity Treasurer.
- Able to analyse financial information effectively.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to summarise financial information for different audiences.
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement.