Cheshire Scouts Treasurer
|Job Title:||Cheshire Scouts Treasurer|
|Location:||Cheshire West and Chester|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||County Commissioner|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 13:18|
The Treasurer will provide sound financial administration, support and information to the Executive Board and Cheshire Scouts in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scouts.
Responsible to: Cheshire County Scout Council 'Cheshire Scouts'
Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of Cheshire Scouts.
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Board.
- Leading the Executive Board in the creation of budgets and financial planning and monitoring of these.
- Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations.
- Ensuring that Cheshire Scouts is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place.
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Board and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting.
- Administering the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules.
- Membership and attendance of any finance working groups or sub-Committees set by the Executive Board where appropriate.
General Trustee Responsibilities:
- To be a full and active participant in Executive Board meetings and activities.
- To uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout's Policy Organisation and Rules.
- Willingness and eligibility to act as a Charity Trustee for the Cheshire Scouts.
- Contribute to the strategic aims and future development of Cheshire Scouts.
- An understanding of their own role and the role of others on the Executive Committee.
- A commitment to understanding and forming opinions on the key discussion points and responsibilities of the Executive Board.
- Willingness to complete various tasks which support the work of the Executive Board and aims of Cheshire Scouts .
Skills for a Treasurer:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to think creatively and solve problems.
- Previous experience of financial management or the role of a Charity Treasurer.
- Able to analyse financial information effectively.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to summarise financial information for different audiences.
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
- Able to maintain independent and objective judgement.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's