Charity Trustee (Finance)
|Job Title:||Charity Trustee (Finance)|
|Contact Name:||Sine Bates|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2019 11:52|
We are a small charity but we have big ambitions for our future – and we need a Trustee with experience of finance to join our team and fill the role of Treasurer.
Herts Disability Sports Foundation was registered as a charity in April 2014 to provide support, education, training and the opportunity to take part in sporting activities for groups in society who struggle to access sport and physical activity. We are a countywide charity reaching out to all communities and individuals in Hertfordshire, running our activities at a variety of centres across the county.
We work with a diverse range of partners; providing a variety of sports/physical activities for individuals who attend Day Services, delivering training sessions for staff managing leisure services, and running holiday activities for children with physical or learning disabilities and their siblings – a real family day out! Our recent successful grant applications see us moving into the areas of physical activities for adults with dementia, and their carers, and supporting individuals to learn to ride bikes and find the adapted bike that best suits their needs.
In the last 18 months we have focussed on developing our long term financial sustainability and reviewing our internal structures to ensure we deliver the highest quality of service to our users. This has included reviewing our funding strategy and taking a more proactive approach to both small and large scale funding opportunities. The current Trustees have all joined within the last 18 months and have created a strong and supportive team – they would now like to build the current Board skillset by welcoming an individual with a finance background and an interest in disability sport. This is an exciting stage in our development and we are looking to recruit a Trustee who will be as excited as we are about the opportunities ahead of us.
In addition to the responsibilities of all Trustees, additional duties as Treasurer would include:
- Monitoring the financial health of HDSF and reporting to the Board on the strategic management of the charity’s financial resources,
- Providing the Board with recommendations to enable the charity to meet its strategic objectives (working alongside HDSF staff),
- Supporting the development of financial ‘best practice’ within the charity through the development of financial standards, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate would have a range of the following skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
We welcome applications from people of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds who feel they have the skills and attributes to help strengthen the Board. Board meetings are usually in the evenings, 4 times a year in the Hatfield area. The Trustees also meet once a year (during the day) for a longer strategic meeting.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's