|Job Title:||Charity Trustee|
|Contact Name:||Louise Gibson|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2019 13:32|
We have a vacancy on our board for a General Trustee.
Horses can help vulnerable people struggling with behavioural and mental health problems to learn and develop vital life skills. Our purpose at Learning Through Horses, a North London based charity, is to give young people and adults the opportunity to improve their chances of employment and educational success through our education and work experience programmes.
We are looking to expand our Board in general and would welcome applications from anyone interested in joining. In addition to any special areas of expertise you can contribute, the duties of a trustee are to:
• Ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charitable law and any other relevant legislation or regulations to ensure the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document and applies resources exclusively in fulfilling its objectives;
• Safeguard the good name and values of the organisation and represent it at functions and meetings as appropriate;
• Be collectively responsible for the actions of the organisation and other trustees, while ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation;
• Ensure the financial stability of the organisation;
• Make sure the organisation is properly insured against all reasonable liabilities;
• Declare any conflict of interest while carrying out the duties of a trustee;
• Use any specific knowledge and experience to help the board reach sound decisions.
Please visit our website www.strengthandlearningthroughhorses.org to find out more about us.
In addition to this position, we are also seeking a Chair of Trustees and would welcome applications for either role.