|Job Title:||Treasurer (Trustee)|
|Contact Name:||John Clark|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 15:31|
Msizi Africa is a tiny charity (UK Registered Charity 1119525) which has been operational since 2007.
Our purpose is to help orphaned and vulnerable children in Lesotho - a very small, and poor, country where approx 1 in 7 of the population are orphans.
Our Board of Trustees is made up of 7 volunteers - all bar one of whom also have a full-time 'day job'.
Between us we raise enough money to feed approx 160 children each and every day.
Our Treasurer (currently based in Geneva) is relocating and we need to find a replacement. The role would suit a qualified accountant or similar and involves:-
1) Maintaining Msizi Africa's financial accounts.
2) Developing Msizi Africa's Operational Budget.
3) Providing financial performance summaries to Msizi Africa's Trustees.
4) Ensuring Msizi Africa has a robust and effective financial control framework.
5) Preparing statutory filings in compliance with the Charity Commission.
6) Liaising with Msizi Africa's independent financial examiner.
7) ZAR currency purchase/transfer to fund Lesotho operations.
The time requirement is approx 10 hours per month plus attendance at six trustee meetings per year - all held in central London.
We're ideally looking for a permanent replacement but would also consider anyone who could only offer a limited time period.
We would welcome applications to the Chair of Trustees - John Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.