Charity Director (Financial)
|Job Title:||Charity Director (Financial)|
|Contact Name:||Molly Gorman|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2020 12:27|
We are currently looking to recruit a Financial Director to our Charity Board. We are looking for a Chartered Accountant with Industry experience and an interest in our work. You can find out more about our work at www.seasanctuary.org.uk
Board members work on a voluntary basis and attend quarterly board meetings and with one meeting a year extended to a longer business strategy day. We also ask Board members help to support the continued development of senior staff members, as well as monitoring and stretching the quality and depth of work produced by the team.
The duties of a Director are as follows.
• Ensuring that the organisation pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
• Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document (ie its trust deed, constitution or memorandum and articles of association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
• Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects (ie the charity must not spend money on activities that are not included in its own objects, however worthwhile or charitable those activities are) for the benefit of the public
• Ensuring that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
• Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation
• Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having
appropriate policies and procedures in place
• Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
• Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds
• Following proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the chief executive (if the charity employs staff)
In addition to the above statutory duties, each director should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of directors reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the Director has special expertise.
• A commitment to the organisation
• A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement
• An ability to think creatively
• A willingness to speak their mind
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, honesty, leadership.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's