7 days ago
28 June 2019 - 09:00 - 17:00 followed by a drinks reception
ICAEW's popular annual Charity Conference has been designed to prepare you with the knowledge to thrive in challenging times with vital accounting, governance and taxation updates affecting the charity sector.
"Another great ICAEW Charity Conference - a real mix of speakers providing something for everyone. This event is must in the calendar for all finance people working in or advising charities. Looking forward to next year!" - Past Delegate 2018
The day will begin with an engaging panel discussion on reporting compliance, auditor and regulator perspectives. The discussion will include contributions from Mike Ashley, the Charity Commission Board, Sudhir Singh, Partner and Head of Non-for-Profit, MHA MacIntyre Hudson, and the ICAEW Ethics team. In addition the day will include updates from industry leading speakers such as Don Bawtree from BDO, Paul Seath from Bates Wells Braithwaite, Graham Elliott from City and Cambridge Consulting to name a few. The conference has a variety of high quality breakout sessions for you to tailor your day and return with fresh ideas.
Join us at this year's conference for:
- vital technical updates on accounting, taxation and governance that are perfect to put towards your CPD declaration
- lessons in strategic planning and building a resilient organisation
- a review of governance developments including the charity ethical principles and the Governance Code
- real life insight into managing risk from a Trustee's perspective
- fantastic networking opportunities with over 200 sector colleagues through the day and at the closing drinks reception
- closing keynote from Anupam Ganguli, Finance Director at The Royal Albert Hall
Who should attend?
ICAEW's Charity Conference is for anyone working or volunteering in the charity and not-for-profit sector - from auditors, finance directors and managers to treasurers, trustees, chairs and volunteers.