Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Contact Name:||Helen Fahey|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2021 13:29|
Wakefield and District Health and Community Support, (WDHCS), is an independent grant making charity that wants to make a big difference.
We are seeking a Chair who is a seasoned professional with outstanding communication skills and a strong steer on governance to lead the Board of Trustees by example. Providing a collaborative framework to discuss, decide and implement matters of strategic importance to comply with WDHCS’s charitable objectives. The Chair is a vital role for shaping a well-governed charity, sustainable for the future.
Our grant programme supports the third sector in the district, who work with some of the most vulnerable people and communities.
This is an exciting time for the organisation as we embark on our new strategy. We have recently commissioned an innovative research project with Rocket Science into the state of the sector to better inform our grant making and to help us identify different approaches to address health inequalities. This coincides with brand repositioning that will overhaul our mission and purpose and include the development of a new website and digital engagement platforms.
Our future must be shaped around the people we serve and supported by inclusive leadership and robust governance. As such, it is imperative that we seek out those leaders who embody our values and commit wholeheartedly to supporting colleagues to achieve our priorities.
To help us diversify our board, we particularly seek applicants from an ethnic minority background and other underrepresented groups. The successful candidate will have the experience, connections and skills to Chair WDHCS. The term of office is 3 years. The role is unremunerated, although reasonable expenses will be paid. The time commitment is approximately 1-2 days per month
Experience of Finance and working within the third sector would be advantageous.
- To chair the board of WDHCS (which normally meets 6 times a year, inc an AGM and a strategic away day)
- To ensure WDHCS works to its ambitious strategic plan and to support the executive team in driving and monitoring the delivery of that plan
- To ensure WDHCS operates at the highest standards of governance, and its systems and processes adhere to the Charity Governance Code
- To effect a regular review of board structure, role and effectiveness, including chair and trustee appraisal
- To supervise, appraise and support the chief executive
- To ensure, with the CEO, that there are appropriate resources for the achievement of strategies and objectives
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's