Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2021 12:49|
Age UK Ealing provides high quality support & services for older people in Ealing. We aim to promote the wellbeing of older people, ensure dignity and respect & help them to achieve full quality of life.
Our current Chair is approaching the end of their term of office and we are now looking for anew Chair to lead our Board through the next stage of our strategic plan.
This is a stimulating and challenging role that will call on your strategic and diplomatic skills. You will work alongside an experienced and diverse team of trustees and senior management in a rapidly changing environment to make a real difference to the lives of older people in the London Borough of Ealing. We are looking for someone with experience at senior management level.
The Chair provides leadership and direction to the Board of trustees to enable the Board to fulfil its responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, as well as oversight and scrutiny of the charity’s operations.
- A strong background at a senior management level.
- Leadership ability and commitment to the organisation and its aims.
- Tact, diplomacy, powers of persuasion, integrity, strategic vision, and good and independent judgment.
- Flexibility and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to your duties as Chair and as a trustee.
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a trustee.
- Willingness to speak your mind and listen to the views of others.
- Experience or understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Experience of being a Chair or Vice-Chair of a voluntary organisation or Board of trustees.
- An understanding of the London Borough of Ealing especially regarding the needs of older people in the borough.
- Experience or understanding of one or more of: health and social care provision for older people, social enterprises, collaborative multi-organisation working.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will have the opportunity to lead and be a key player in our well-established and valued local charity, working with an experienced and diverse Board of trustees and senior management. You will be joining an organisation which is part of a wider community including the nationwide Age UK network, which provides help and support to Chairs, as well as expertise and some financial support to AUKE as an Age UK brand partner.
The Board of trustees meets monthly. It is also important that the Chair is able to visit the charity’s locations and is available to the Chief Executive (often by phone or email) on a regular basis. Other meetings and regular contact by email inside and outside the charity are also necessary.
The time commitment for the Chair is typically the equivalent of 2 days per month.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. Please provide a CV together with a supporting statement explaining your suitability for the Chair role. This should include why you are interested in the role, how your skills and experience match the role description, and any other relevant details.
Please email your CV and supporting statement to: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th April 2021.