Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2021 15:30|
The Ancient Tree Forum (ATF) is the leading authority on the conservation of ancient and other veteran trees and is the only organisation in England and Wales focusing solely on their protection and sustainability. The ATF is looking for someone with a big passion for environmental issues, with vision and leadership, to fill the stimulating & challenging role of Chair.
As Chair of ATF you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the organisation
- Support and provide oversight to the CEO
- Chair meetings of the Board
- Review Board structure & effectiveness; develop board skills, diversity & succession planning
- Ensure the ATF works towards the highest standards of governance
- Work with the Treasurer & CEO to support financial forecasting and budgetary control
- Represent the organisation and act as a spokesperson, as appropriate
What are we looking for
- Leadership skills and experience - from a similar role for at least 3 years
- Strategic thinker - with examples and experience from similar roles
- Knowledge of and networks within the tree/ environmental NGO sector
- Knowledge of ancient and other veteran trees
- Experience of contributing to a committee for at least a full term (around 3 years)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationship-building
- Good links within the tree not-for-profit sector
What’s in it for the volunteer?
An opportunity to work alongside an experienced and committed team of trustees, which should help broaden & deepen your understanding of the iconic status and associated wildlife of ancient & veteran trees.
A new decade of the ATF journey begins in 2021 with the completion of a strategic review. Whatever that future holds for the ATF, the volunteer-power, expert base from across many of our close stakeholders will remain at the heart of how we protect and champion ancient and other veteran trees. So, you would be joining us as we work together to shape the future direction of the charity.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. Please email trusteeworks@reachvolunteering and provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's