22 days ago
Community Transport Association
CommunityTransport has never been more vital. At the Communiaty Transport Association we are seeking a new Chair of Trustees. Could you help inspire a thriving community transport movement to embrace the challenges ahead?
The Community Transport Association (CTA) is a national charity that represents and supports providers of community transport: We want to see communities everywhere creating and sharing their own accessible and inclusive transport solutions.
We achieve this through championing accessible and inclusive transport, connecting people and ideas, by strengthening our members and raising standards. Through all this our aim is to grow a thriving community transport movement across all parts of the UK.
Our new Chair would be likleyto have the following knowledge and experience
- Experienced in leadership at a senior level in the charity or social enterprise sector
- Able to be independent from and objective about the Community Transport Sector
- Experience of developing strategy and successfully translating strategy to operational delivery
- Evidence of relevant experience to provide robust leadership to the board of Trustees, to support and work with the Chief Executive, Senior Leadership Team, and staff
- Strong governance experience with charity trustee experience, or other relevant experience chairing boards and committees
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to enthuse people about a vision for the future
- Experience of operating with diplomacy and tact when making difficult decisions and having challenging conversations with partners and stakeholders
- Ability to represent the Charity appropriately and effectively at many levels, including making new contacts and developing relationships
- Experience working and or interfacing with national/local government would be helpful
The expected time commitment is about 15 days a year and appointment would be for an initial term of 3 years, taking over as Chair formally from November 2020. The Board meets 4 times a year in London or Manchester, and also has an annual planning/Board development day, and a member AGM.
This is an exciting opportunity for a person who can embrace challenge, facilitate change, provide strategic insight, and support the successful implementation of our new strategy.