Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2020 11:04|
Keychange Charity are looking for a new Chair of Trustees to join their Board.
Keychange is a Christian Charity creating caring communities. Keychange was established in 1920 and celebrates our 100 year anniversary this year. Our mission is to Create Caring Communities, which demonstrate our Christian Values, Ethos and Behaviours.
Keychange currently operate nine residential care home communities for older people and two housing communities for homeless young people. These communities are located across England.
In total approximately 250 people benefit from the care and support Keychange provides in our communities. Our largest residential care home is 29 rooms and each of our communities are individual, unique, characterful properties which enable those whom we care for, their families and our staff to create a caring community for all.
The Chair is a trustee with a specific role on the board. The Chair is elected or appointed to this role as set out in the charity’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, by the other trustees.
The role of the Chair is to lead the Board of trustees in their processes, responsibilities and duties, as set out further on in this document, and to Chair meetings of the trustee board. In addition, the Chair may take on additional roles, if authorised to do so, according to the Memorandum and Articles of Association, and as agreed by the other trustees. The Chair is accountable to the wider Board.
- People First - Proven track record of strategic leadership and governance of a similar care and well-being charitable operation and mission based organisation, including line management of CEO and leading a Board of Trustees, particularly in terms of service delivery, quality, team building, professional and personal development.
- Only the best will do - Experienced in, and committed to, the highest quality governance processes, as well as provision of high quality care and support services, and the ability to be develop, enable and provide innovative services and lead continual improvement.
- All are equal - Able to demonstrate, inspire others and ensure a clear understanding of equality and diversity and lead its application to Keychange strategy, policies and governance.
- Waste not want not - Experienced in ensuring and leading others in strategic financial management and sustainability so all resources, facilities and assets are used as effectively as possible.
- Playing our part in society - Leads the Board and along with the CEO Keychange in being an active and effective voice and influencer to all relevant partners and organisations in our mission and work. Also empowers and equips others to represent Keychange to external organisations and partners.
- Working together - Provides experience of establishing and leading the governance of effective partnership working and collaborations of Keychange, whilst equipping other trustees to do so as well.
- Justice for all - Effectively articulates, internally and externally, a clear understanding of the Keychange Christian Values, Ethos and Behaviours and encourages and enables others to do so as well.
- The Chairman leads and models the application of our values and behaviours to the leadership and governance of the organisation.
3 days attendance on a quarterly basis for Trustees meetings ad hoc by-weekly contact at other times occasional visits to operating sites
How to apply
Please submit your application via Reach Volunteering. In order to apply, please provide no more than 2 sides of A4 written expression of interest outlining your experience and suitability for this role in line with the person specification. Closing date for applications: 29th March 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's