Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2020 08:55|
The Plunkett Foundation helps rural communities UK-wide to tackle the issues they face by promoting and supporting community business. Community businesses are enterprises that are owned and run democratically by members of the community and others, on behalf of the community. Plunkett foundation currently works with over 600 community businesses and this number is continually growing. They come in many forms - including shops, pubs, woodlands and anything which lends itself to community ownership. In addition to developing and safeguarding valuable assets and services, community businesses address a range of issues including isolation, loneliness, wellbeing, work and training.
The Plunkett Foundation, having just celebrated its centenary year, is now at a pivotal point in delivering its strategy. Having laid the foundations of this strategy, we have clear plans for growing the sector, expanding our relevance and national reach, increasing our impact and influence, and strengthening our voice and policy role.
Plunkett Foundation are at an exciting time in our 2018-22 strategy, including growth of rural business & extending our reach/impact. We are seeking a Chair with a genuine commitment to community businesses, a clear understanding of rural issues, interest in innovative and new ways of working, and the skills and experience to move the charity forwards.
Alongside our small team, the new Chair will play a vital role in leading the organization ensuring we continue to be innovative, deliver high-quality support rural communities most in need, as well as being a leading national voice for the rural community business sector and the communities that we support. As well as supporting our financial management and governance frameworks.
- Leadership skills and experience at senior organisational level
- Experience of chairing (board) meetings in relevant sectors
- Ability to build, develop and maintain networks and relationships at senior levels within and beyond the sector, including with opinion-formers and political leaders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflicting views
- Articulate, and comfortable with public speaking to a variety of audiences
- Ability to devote the necessary time and effort to a challenging and demanding role
- Ability to be impartial, objective and decisive
- Ability to act with tact and diplomacy
- Strategic vision
- Genuine commitment to and belief in Plunkett and its ideals, purpose and objectives
- Ideally, a sound knowledge of community business as well as rural issues in general
- Ideally, a recognised profile within and beyond the sector
- It is essential that our Chair supports Plunkett to develop relevant partnerships and our national profile to ensure that our help and support is easy to access and meeting the needs of the sector now and in the future.
We estimate a commitment of 3-4 days per month.
Location: Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1LH, with meetings mainly held in London
How to apply
Please send applications via Reach.
Deadline: 28 Feb 2020
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's