Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2019 12:38|
Voices is looking for a new Chair of Trustees to take the charity to the next level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organization which provides an essential service for people who are experiencing or have experienced Domestic Abuse. Your leadership and expertise will enable our organization to continue expanding its services and reach out to more survivors.
As a Chair you will represent Voices and build relationships with the community by being an active champion of Voices’ work, with a view to promoting and gaining support for our services.
You will provide leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees and enable the Board to fulfill their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations.
The Chair will also work in partnership with the chief executive and other staff members and facilitate the board of trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making.
- Prior experience in a leadership role, ideally in the charity sector
- Commitment to and strong interest in the work undertaken by Voices
- Willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to Voice’s objects and aims.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to respect the confidences of colleagues.
- Balancing tact and diplomacy with willingness to challenge and constructively criticise.
- Experience of working in refugee, mental health, or domestic abuse contexts
- Good networker
What difference will you make?
Voices began operating in 2014 and since then the organisation has seen steady growth, which is also felt in the demand for its services. Your leadership and experience will be essential in getting the organisation to the next level of expansion and ensuring that users continue receiving the holistic support they need.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to establishing the future of an organisation that has its clients at its heart. It is a unique chance to gain satisfaction from being involved in a fast growing organisation during an exciting new chapter in its history. You will be joining a positive and committed team of individuals, which includes both the work team and trustees. You will be making a big difference to people’s lives.
How to apply
Applications must be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance. In order to apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, what skills and experience you will bring to the board, directly addressing the person specification, and any other relevant information.