Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||£0, voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Sarah McWatt|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 11:28|
Youth music charity NYMAZ is seeking an exceptional individual to lead and inspire its Board of Trustees and steer governance and strategic development of the organisation.
NYMAZ champions the transformative potential of music for children and young people. With a strong belief in the ability of music to change lives, we deliver high quality music-making activities across North Yorkshire through an established network of experienced partners. In parallel, we run professional networks which enable musicians and practitioners to develop their skills and learn from one another.
We are looking for a forward-thinking individual who believes in the life-changing potential of music to champion the organisation, creating links with a variety of stakeholders, potential partners and supporters.
The Chair of NYMAZ will be responsible for:
• Line managing and providing support to the Director of NYMAZ
• Assisting with the recruitment of staff and trustees
• Acting as an ambassador for NYMAZ
• Providing strategic leadership
• Providing support with fundraising strategy
• Building and developing the Board of Trustees
• Overseeing best practice of governance
• Leading and motivating the Board of Trustees and ensuring they fulfil their responsibilities
• Preparing for and leading quarterly board meetings
• Approving policy, strategy and plans and overseeing their implementation
• Ensuring NYMAZ meets its legal, financial and governance obligations
For more information see: https://www.nymaz.org.uk/news/post/nymaz-is-seeking-a-chair-of-trustees
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, age groups and cultures. We want our Board to reflect the diversity of British society, and will help make this possible by: providing access support for people with disabilities; meeting in accessible venues; being flexible in scheduling meetings at different times of day; and covering travel expenses.
The role will require a commitment of approximately 20 days per year plus quarterly board meetings and occasional attendance at events. You will meet regularly, at least once a month, with the Director (communicating via Skype is an option if the successful candidate is not locally based) and provide additional support as needed with e.g. recruitment and fundraising variable throughout the year. Please note, this is a voluntary position.