16 days ago
BID Services - we work in partnership with children, young people and adults and their families and carers. We support people who are deaf, hard of hearing, visually impaired or have a dual sensory loss.
BID Services seeks to appoint a new Chair. We are looking for an entrepreneur with a vision who will offer strategic, supportive leadership to our highly effective, collaborative and committed board.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To take a principal role, leading the trustees and supporting senior management team to develop new services, deliver the long term vision and develop strategies that make a positive difference to the lives of the people who use our services.
The Chair will hold responsibility for ensuring the charity complies with its governing document, legislative and regulatory requirements, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
Skills & Qualities
- Significant commercial business experience.
- Business acumen with the confidence and experience to ask meaningful, constructive and challenging questions about BID Services business activities and services.
- An entrepreneurial flair with a keen eye for growing and developing commercial opportunities.
- Adept at building relationships, developing new partnerships and networking.
- Commitment to Bid Service’s, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and with a collaborative approach.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with any of the following
- An understanding of the public policy environment.
- A solid understanding of the political landscape and the ability to influence policy decisions.
- An understanding of the needs of those with a sensory loss.
- The ability to champion and raise awareness of issues relating to sensory impairment, influencing change where this is possible.
- An understanding marketing.
- A knowledge of social enterprises, with a particular focus on conferencing, interpreting and employment.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful organisation with ambitious plans for the future. You will be bringing your commercial and entrepreneurial expertise to bear in a collaborative environment where the needs of the service user are at the heart of every decision.
- Six board meeting per year.
- Attendance at Executive Group meetings (usually held before board meeting).
- Occasional attendance at other meetings and key community events (3/4 per year).
How to Apply
Applications should be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.