26 days ago
Learning Through Horses
We are seeking a Chair of Trustees to join and lead the Learning Through Horses board.
Horses can help vulnerable people struggling with behavioural and mental health problems to learn and develop vital life skills. Our purpose at Learning Through Horses, a North London based charity, is to give young people and adults the opportunity to improve their chances of employment and educational success through our education and work experience programmes.
We are looking for a Chair of Trustees who shares in our values and vision and has the time and enthusiasm to help us in our next phase of growth. These attributes are more important than past experience, however to help set our strategic focus with clear goals and plans and to make the board work effectively for the charity, below are some of the skills and experience on our wishlist for our new Chair:
• Governance and leadership;
• Business planning;
• Quality assurance and evaluation.
Personal qualities would include:
• Enthusiasm, integrity, honesty and flexibility;
• A commitment to devote sufficient time, preparation and effort to meet the responsibilities of being a Chair;
• Passion to champion the charity, Learning Through Horses.
Please visit our website www.strengthandlearningthroughhorses.org for more information about us.