20 days ago
Antibiotic Research UK
Antibiotic Research UK, the world’s first charity tackling antibiotic resistance seeks new Chair of Trustees. A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding charity dealing with a problem of global significance.
ANTRUK’s mission is to tackle resistance nationally by researching into new antibiotic treatments, educating professionals and the public about resistance and providing patient support and information.
The chair is critically important to the success of the charity. The person appointed;
- Will be expected to spend more time externally facing than internally
- Will be willing to utilise, where appropriate, their network to assist the charity to meet its objectives
- Must be prepared to be one of the major public faces of the charity by representing the charity at functions, meetings or interviews with the media
- Should show evidence of campaigning skills and be passionate about the charity
- Experience at senior executive board level and preferably with chairing experience
- Experience of public speaking and/or media appearance; willingness to act as ambassador for the cause at public events and with policy-makers
- Experience of income generation for business development or charitable fundraising
- Experience of the medical/healthcare/bioscience sector
- Experience of running scientific or medical research programmes
- Charity trustee experience
- Based in and with an extensive network in the south of England
To be effective in this role, the person appointed must have proven leadership skills, be a good communicator and good interpersonal skills. We're looking for someone with an ability to support, mentor and develop our team as we grow.
Mostly during office hours. Approximately one day per month.
Meetings are held in central London, EC2A 2AG
How to apply
Please send a CV via Reach Volunteering