Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||£0.00 - Voluntary role|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 19:05|
About the organisation
The SWAN Project provides counselling and support to individuals for whom alcohol and other substance dependencies are having an adverse effect on their life. The SWAN project has a policy of never turning down a client whom it believes it can help. In addition, over time we have built a proportion of clients accessing the service who do not have addictions specifically, but who are desperate for support. Over the years, the SWAN Project has helped hundreds of clients with alcohol and other substance problems.
About the role
As Chair you will be responsible for leading the board of trustees and help to ensure that the organisation achieves its charitable objectives, whilst abiding by its values and keeping within the law.
By becoming Chair of The Swan Project you will being helping to ensure that the organisation continues to provide an invaluable service to the beneficiaries.
This presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a passionate and empathetic team who make a tangible contribution to the governance and work of this innovative and essential service.
- Leadership experience, ideally within the charity sector.
- Previous experience as a Trustee or Chair would be advantageous.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Previous experience of working within addiction services would be advantageous.
The board meets on a quarterly basis and ad hoc support as required.
How to apply
Applications must be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's