Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 15:20|
Our mission at Crossroads Care (Forest of Dean and Herefordshire) is to be the provider of choice for the provision of quality care services, offering help and support to those with care needs and their carers, promoting and providing a flexible, high quality service.
We provide a range of care services for adults, young people and carers.
Chair of Trustees
As Chair you will be responsible for leading the board of trustees and helping to ensure that the organisation achieves its charitable objectives, whilst abiding by its values and keeping within the law.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a vibrant and committed team who work hard to make a difference to the lives of the people we support. It is also an opportunity to further develop your own skills.
The main benefit of being Chair of Crossroads is the satisfaction of knowing you are crucial in the management of a well-respected organisation which does an enormous amount of good in the community.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- Commitment to the Crossroads Care objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision
- Good, independent judgement.
- Good communication skills and the ability to respect the confidences of colleagues.
- Balancing tact and diplomacy with willingness to challenge and constructively criticise.
- Prior experience of committee/trustee work.
- Leadership skills exercised through a period change.
The Board meets every quarter with Sub Committees also meeting quarterly. In addition to board meetings, other contact – usually electronic or by telephone – may be required. Regular meetings between the Chair and the CEO will be required.
How to Apply
Applications must be made via the TrusteeWorks team in the first instance.
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.