Chair of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2018 11:28|
Redthread is an innovative, award winning charity - in June Redthread won the Children and Youth category for our Youth Violence Intervention Programme at the Charity Awards.
Redthread empowers young people to thrive as they navigate the challenging transition to adulthood by integrating trauma-informed youth work into the health sector.
Whether a young person has been the victim of a stabbing, is seeking support for anxiety, has suffered a sexual assault, or wants to find a new home beyond the reach of a gang, we support them to overcome the challenges they face through our dynamic youth work programmes at The Well Centre in Streatham and in our hospital-based violence intervention work in London and the Midlands.
Chair of Trustees
Main Purpose of Role
- To hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the Charity’s mission and vision.
- To provide inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
- To support, and, where appropriate, challenge the Chief Executive and ensure that the Board functions as a unit and works closely with the entire Executive of the charity to achieve agreed objectives.
- To act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity in partnership with the Chief Executive.
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation.
- Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
- Experience of external representation, delivering presentations and managing stakeholders.
- Personal gravitas to lead a significant national organisation.
- Exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities and be comfortable in an ambassadorial role.
- Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the charity.
- Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including travel and attending events out of office hours.
- Financial management expertise and a broad understanding of charity finance issues.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare sector.
- Links to or knowledge of the Midlands region.
Our current Board is not sufficiently reflective of the diversity of the young people and the communities we exist to serve. We are especially keen to take a step towards changing this and are particularly interested in applications from Black and ethnic minority candidates.
Board meetings are held in the London office. Quarterly in the evenings: 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
18 Buckingham Palace Road
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please provide your CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant information.