Rebecca Sumner Smith
26 days ago
Who we are
The Finance Innovation Lab incubates the people, ideas and movements building a financial system that serves people and planet. We work with innovators developing new business models, campaigners calling for change in the rules of the game, and mainstream professionals who want to change finance from the inside.
In addition to the responsibilities of all trustees, the Chair will be expected to:
- Line manage the CEO; undertake regular performance reviews and help coach and develop the CEO
- Ensure the board is effective in fulfilling their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the Finance Innovation Lab, in accordance with the Charity Commission requirements
- Work in partnership with the CEO, the COO, and other staff to optimise the relationship between the board of trustees and the staff
- Ensure the board operates as a strong, collaborative team and regularly reviews its composition, effectiveness and ways of working
- Promote and represent the Lab to influential stakeholders, including funders, when appropriate.
How to apply
Please visit our website here, for details on how to apply.
Diversity, equality and inclusion
We are committed to providing equality and fairness for all and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We encourage and celebrate the different qualities that our colleagues, and others we work with, bring to our work, and we believe that seeing things from a wide range of different perspectives helps us to resolve problems, adapt our approaches and develop as an organisation.
We want to bring greater diversity to our Board and we’re keen to hear what you think you’ll bring from your own background and experience (beyond your professional skills and knowledge).