Chair of the Technical Working Group, Climate Disclosure Standards Board
|Job Title:||Chair of the Technical Working Group, Climate Disclosure Standards Board|
|Salary:||Pro-bono, non-renumerative role.|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2018 16:25|
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is seeking an experienced and established thought leader in the field of environmental and climate disclosure and mainstream reporting to appoint as the Chair of its Technical Working Group (TWG).
(Pro-bono 3 year fixed-term with possibility of renewal)
Through this voluntary role you will make a notable contribution to the creation of more sustainable, transparent and efficient financial markets. With exciting opportunities to be profiled across the media and at high-level external events, you will be serving as a spokesperson for CDSB. The Chair also participates in CDSB Board meetings, helping to shape the future strategic direction of the organisation.
The TWG consists of cross-disciplinary experts who provide strategic direction, direct and indirect input, goverance and expert review over our technical work programme on behalf of the CDSB Board. With support from the CDSB Secretariat, the TWG are responsible for refreshing the CDSB Reporting Framework and creating the enabling environment for its adoption by companies, investors and regulators. For further information, see cdsb.net and the TWG terms of reference.
This position offers a unique opportunity to lead the TWG as part of CDSB’s robust evidenced-based approach to inform companies, investors, policymakers and other key stakeholders through greater understanding and disclosure of climate change and environmental information.
The Chair will work closely with the Managing Director, Technical Director and wider CDSB team in the scoping and delivery of research projects and related publications. The work is mission-driven and associated with furthering the knowledge base for companies, investors, policymakers and other key stakeholders supporting initiatives such as the implementation of the TCFD recommendations. The ultimate objective is to enhance disclosure of material climate-related, environmental and natural capital information within mainstream reports, thereby positively influencing more efficient allocation of capital within global markets.
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is an international consortium of business and environmental organisations. We are committed to advancing and aligning the global mainstream corporate reporting model to equate natural capital with financial capital. We do this by offering companies a framework for reporting climate and environmental information with the same rigour as financial information. In turn, this helps provide investors with decision-useful environmental information via the mainstream corporate report, enhancing the efficient allocation of capital. Regulators also benefit from compliance-ready materials.
CDP hosts the CDSB Secretariat, leading the strategy delivery and managing the day-to-day work programme on behalf of the Board.
Please note that the Chair role requires in-person attendance for approximately four to five TWG meetings, taking place at CDP’s offices in central London and four to six virtual CDSB board meetings annually. For further information about the time commitments, please contact Adam Peirce, Technical Director:firstname.lastname@example.org or Mardi McBrien, Managing Director:email@example.com
- Together with the CDSB Secretariat, plan, convene and chair CDSB’s Technical Working Group meetings, including any planning days;
- Consult with the CDSB Technical Director and CDSB Board Chair at regular intervals on strategic technical work programme activities;
- Review and provide inputs to key deliverables of the TWG and actively promote their dissemination;
- Represent the interests of the TWG to the CDSB Board and report back to the TWG as appropriate;
- Act as a spokesperson for the TWG and advocate for CDSB (e.g. with governments, media and others as required);
- Remain independent in implementation of duties; and
- Ensure that all TWG members are enabled and encouraged to participate fully, and collectively are involved in fulfilling the role of the TWG in achieving CDSB’s mission.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience at Partner/ Director level or equivalent senior level within an accounting, auditing, legal or consulting organisation with 5 years’ experience focused on reporting of non-financial environmental and climate information (e.g. through sustainability reports or mainstream reports)
- A proven track record in leading multi-disclipinary and internationally-dispersed groups of academics and industry practioners
- Excellent understanding of the links between climate change, natural and financial capital;
- Understanding of board-level discussions within companies involving the governance, management and disclosure of climate-related and wider environmental risks / opportunities;
- A relevant professional network; and
- A strong commitment to realising CDSB’s mission.
- Experience of working with climate change and environmental non-governmental organisations;
- Experience of working with policymakers at national, regional or international levels and influencing related bodies;
- Experience of working with standard setting organisations such as International Accounting Standards Board;
- An extensive UK and global network of contacts across companies, academia and governments;
- Accounting or legal qualification.
Start date: October-November 2018.
Benefits: Pro-bono, non-renumerative role.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV/resume and a one page cover letter outlining what you bring to the role and your vision for taking forward the TWG to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Chair of TWG” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 23:59 BST 16th September 2018.
Interviews will be scheduled in October following review of applications.
Additional information about the Climate Disclosure Standards Board and our work can be found at www.cdsb.net. Further information about CDP can be found at www.cdp.net.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's