Chair of Supervisory Committee
|Job Title:||Chair of Supervisory Committee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Reference:||Chair - Supervisory Committee|
|Contact Name:||Manjula Phadnis|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 09:45|
- To assist the Board of Directors in ensuring that the Credit Union operates correctly within the law, prevailing regulations and our own rules and policies.
- To audit operations in line with the agreed annual audit plan and Supervisory Committee’s Terms of Reference.
Principle duties and tasks:
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the Credit Union are followed through a continuous appraisal of the overall effectiveness of our control systems.
- Ensure that accounting records are prepared promptly and accurately, and that they are in order.
- Ensure that the internal audit function as required by the PRA/FCA is performed in accordance with Supervisory Committee Terms of Reference.
- Ensure that the administration of the Credit Union is in order and recommend changes and improvements.
- Hold a minimum of two annual committee meetings and be willing to attend any formal meeting of the Credit Union including the AGM.
- To report in writing to the Board of Directors, at least twice a year, the results, observations, opinions and conclusions from the internal audit.
- To submit a written report to the members annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- Experience in finance, particularly auditing.
- Effective communicator, able to deal with staff and volunteers at all levels of our organisation
- Logical thinker, able to understand complex information.
- Willing to volunteer in our Reading Head Office.
Please visit https://www.cslberks.org.uk for more information about what we do.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's