Chair - Supervisory Committee
3 days ago
Berkshire Credit Union
An important voluntary role, assisting the Board of Directors in ensuring that the Credit Union operates correctly within the law, regulatory environment and our own rules and policies.
The role includes auditing operations in line with agreed audit plans and the Supervisory Committee's terms of reference.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional, living in Berkshire or nearby environs.
Principle duties and tasks:
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the Credit Union are followed through a continuous appraisal of the overall effectiveness of our control systems.
- Ensure that accounting records are prepared promptly and accurately, and that they are in order.
- Ensure that the internal audit function as required by the PRA/FCA is performed in accordance with Supervisory Committee Terms of Reference.
- Ensure that the administration of the Credit Union is in order and recommend changes and improvements.
- Hold a minimum of two annual committee meetings and be willing to attend any formal meeting of the Credit Union including the AGM.
- To report in writing to the Board of Directors, at least twice a year, the results, observations, opinions and conclusions from the internal audit.
- To submit a written report to the members annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- Experience in finance, particularly auditing.
- Effective communicator, able to deal with staff and volunteers at all levels of our organisation
- Logical thinker, able to understand complex information.
- Good literacy, IT and numeracy skills.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Helpful and friendly.