Chair of Board of Trustees
|Job Title:||Chair of Board of Trustees|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||October 13, 2021 10:02|
What will you be doing?
Wellspring is a leading Centre for the provision of affordable high-quality psychotherapy and counselling to individuals; couples, groups, families and young people. We were established in 1978 and are based in the Leith area of Edinburgh.
The Board is responsible for the financial and legal welfare of Wellspring and for the broad operational strategy. The Board is also ultimately responsible for ensuring that Wellspring is fulfilling its objectives as stated in the Articles of Association. The Board works closely with the Clinical Services Managers, Office Supervisor and Administrator and open communication is an important factor in the Board's ability to perform its duties.
The Chair will provide leadership by ensuring that everyone remains focused on the delivery of Wellspring’s charitable purposes and will plan and manage the annual cycle of board meetings in liaison with the Office Supervisor and Clinical Managers.
- Providing leadership to Wellspring and the board by ensuring that everyone remains focused on the delivery of the Wellspring’s charitable purposes
- Chairing and facilitating board meetings
- Giving direction to board policy-making
- Checking that decisions taken at meetings are implemented
- Bringing impartiality and objectivity to decision-making
- With assistance from the Office Supervisor and Clinical Managers:
- Planning the annual cycle of board meetings and other general meetings where required, for example annual general meeting
- Setting agendas for board and other general meetings
- Addressing conflict if it arises within the board and within Wellspring, and liaising with appropriate colleagues to achieve this
What are we looking for?
- Leadership skills
- Experience on a board of trustees
- Experience of chairing meetings
- A commitment to the aims and values of Wellspring
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak openly and constructively
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
What difference will you make?
Help support and shape the future of Wellspring which provides affordable high quality psychotherapy and counselling to individuals; couples, groups, families and young people.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
An opportunity to use your knowledge and experience lead the board of trustees and to make a real difference to, and help shape the future of Wellspring.
The Chair will typically be active for 1-2 hours per week, plus attend scheduled board meetings in Edinburgh (or virtually) every 6-8 weeks and an annual AGM.
How to apply:
Please apply via the URL provided. Send a brief CV and intention statement that helps show why you are interested in joining the board by 9am on Monday 8th November 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a virtual interview on 18th November (AM)
Deadline: 08 Nov 2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's