Chair and Treasurer
|Job Title:||Chair and Treasurer|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Ian Joseph|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2021 10:07|
Who we are
Gambling harm is increasingly recognised as an emerging public health
issue. Betknowmore is a leading provider of award-winning support & training services, led by experts by experience and working across multiple sectors.
We are recruiting to multiple roles. In your application please state which role you are applying for.
The duties of our Trustees are:
- Ensuring that the organisation pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects for the benefit of the public
- Ensuring that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
- Safeguarding the reputation and values of the organisation
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
- Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds
- Following proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the chief executive
In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
Betknowmore UK is recruiting trustees to join our dedicated management board. We are keen to speak to candidates who offer the following:
- A commitment to the organisation
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Candidates should not have an existing or previous connection to the gambling industry or derive an income through gambling services and activities.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Betknowmore UK is an ambitious, young charity. We seek sustainable growth, achieved through evolving strategic planning and learning, diversity of income streams and strong partnerships with organisations with shared values.
Today the Betknowmore UK ‘family’ continues to grow, full of highly committed, knowledgeable, hard- working individuals, working towards our shared vision, mission and values. Together, with our many partner organisations, we provide support and training services to address personal and societal issues triggered by gambling harms.
In late 2020, Betknowmore UK became a registered charity, and this is an open invitation to join us and support our mission.
Up to five Board meetings per year, plus at least one Committee membership with three to four additional meetings per year.
A few more details
Lived experience provides personal insight, knowledge and empathic understanding.
From the outset, experts by experience have played a key role in co-producing, delivering and evaluating our services. We seek to combine the donation of lived experience, with evidence-based approaches.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's