|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Ord|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2021 18:34|
Mothers for Mothers provides counseling for survivors of perinatal mental illness, and their Partners, within the Bristol area.
What will you be doing?
The Chair will:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees and enable the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations.
- Work in partnership with the chief executive, senior staff members and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the Board of Trustees and the staff.
- Facilitate the Board of Trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making.
What are we looking for?
- Strong leadership, governance and change management experience.
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to respect the confidences of colleagues.
- Balancing tact and diplomacy with willingness to challenge and constructively criticise.
- Leadership experience in the charity sector
- Understanding of the local community
As an organisation we are particularly keen to ensure that our Board members are fully representative of the community in which we work and at the current time we would warmly welcome applications from people with a diverse range of background, ethnicity, gender, culture and physical ability.
What difference will you make?
Your leadership will enable our Board to continue supporting Mothers for Mothers with efficient strategic insight, which will have a direct positive impact on the lives of mothers experiencing mental health difficulties.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
This is an exciting time to join Mothers for Mothers. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary next year and we are looking to bring in some new ideas and initiatives on board, to ensure the provision of ours services continue for another 40 years.
Approximately 2-3 days a month. Board meetings take place quarterly usually lasting 2 hours in the evenings. Ad-hoc communications with the CEO.
How to apply:
Applications must be made via Reach in the first instance. Please return a CV and covering letter to the email address below, stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
For more details about this role, please request the application pack.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's