8 days ago
The Hamelin Trust support people with learning disabilities. We provide a range of services across Essex, ranging from short break respite care to outreach services. Our vision is a world where people with learning disabilities can achieve their full potential, exercise independence, choice and participate fully in society.
We are seeking a new Chair for our Board. The Chair will provide leadership and direction to the board and enable it to fulfil its responsibilities and work in partnership with the Chief Executive to ensure staff are supported to achieve the aims of the organisation.
What are we looking for?
- Leadership skills – at the level of the organisation and board team
- Experience of committee work
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impartiality, fairness and ability to respect confidences
- Knowledge of the health and social care sector
- An ability to form and maintain partnerships with stakeholders
A full role description is available in the candidate pack which is available from Reach TrusteeWorks.
What difference will you make?
Your leadership will help Hamelin Trust to continue its mission and support those with learning disabilities.
The Committee meets four times a year and at other times as necessary.
How to apply
Applications should be sent via the Reach TrusteeWorks team in the first instance. In order to apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills and experience match the requirements.