|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 09:01|
The Gingerbread Centre was established in 1977 in Stoke-on-Trent, providing 24 hour supported accommodation for homeless families, pregnant women and teenage parents from across North Staffordshire.
We are currently seeking a new Chair to join our board, our vice Chair is currently acting as Chair, and is happy to continue until next Chair is found, ideally ready to take over at our AGM in November this year.
By providing your skills and experience you will be helping to ensure that the organisation continues to provide its invaluable services to our beneficiaries. You will be joining a board of friendly and professional trustees.
1. To provide leadership to the board and to ensure that trustees fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the charity.
2. To support, and manage the performance of the chief executive and to ensure that the board as a whole, works in partnership with the senior management team.
- Significant leadership experience.
- Previous chair experience is desirable.
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the organisation.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees, and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement, and work effectively as a board member.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion; and numeracy to the extent required to understand financial records and accounts.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of local needs and resources that are available to deliver services.
- Regular communication with the Chief Executive, meetings, telephone calls etc.
- Quarterly Board agenda preparation meetings.
- You may need to attend other committee meetings such as the financial committee, which is currently held monthly.
- Quarterly Board meetings, usually on the 3rd Thursday of the Month (September, December, March, June).
- Our AGM is held in November.
- We usually have one half-day Board Away day on a Saturday morning, the date can vary.
- Following discussion with the Chief Executive the Chair may need to attend and represent the Charity at various events and fundraising promotions.
Board meetings are held at the charities head office based at Rothesay Court; the address is: Rothesay Court, Furnace Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST3 4LY
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, the skills and experience you would bring to the board and any other relevant information.