Legal and Governance Trustee
|Job Title:||Legal and Governance Trustee|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Eleanor Urben|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2020 15:01|
Carer Support Wiltshire (CSW) today supports around 12,000 carers. It is entering an exciting new phase, and is hoping to recruit a Trustee with the Legal and Governance knowledge and understanding to maintain an oversight on the charity’s activities at a strategic level.
- Support the organization to assess areas of legal risk
- Work with the organization to develop strategies in relation to legal compliance
- Provide training in relevant areas
- Provide guidance on contracts, service agreements and fundraising
Carer Support Wiltshire (CSW) has undergone a transformation in recent years, created from four smaller district charities merging to form the large county wide organisation which today supports around 12,000 carers. It is entering an exciting new phase, building new projects, diversifying income sources in its goal of ensuring Wiltshire carers are well supported and is now looking to recruit a Trustee with Legal and Governance experience.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
As a trustee at CSW you have a real opportunity to offer your unique skill set to help the strategic progression of the charity. Supported by a friendly and committed trustee team, you will represent CSW at events and meetings, making a real difference ensuring the role of the unpaid carer is valued and supported.
“My time as a Trustee is coming to an end but I want CSW to be in safe hand for carers of the future. CSW is still quite unique in the way it serves the largely disregarded role of the Carer. Add to that the increasing financial constraints within the NHS and Social Services and it becomes clear that CSW must continue, and in doing so look for more innovative ways of working” (from Trustees of Carer Support Wiltshire).
The average time commitment of these roles will be one day per month. This includes 5 full board meetings per year whilst subcommittees meet quarterly. There is one trustee away day per year and a number of events which require the attendance of staff, volunteers and trustees. Successful candidates are expected to sit on relevant sub-committees.
How to apply
Your application will require the following documents:
1. Your current CV
2. Covering letter answering the following questions
- What motivated you to apply to become a trustee?
- What other experience or skills do you feel you could offer?
- Are there any areas of the organisation’s work you have a particular interest in and/or would like to become more involved in?
Deadline for applications is March 12th