3 days ago
Carer Support Wiltshire (CSW) today supports around 12,000 carers. It is entering an exciting new phase, and is hoping to recruit a Trustee with the financial knowledge and understanding to maintain an oversight on the charity’s activities at a strategic level.
- Developing financial strategies
- Explain financial matters to other Trustees
- Input on financial proposals
- Analysis and evaluation of financial data and information
- Accountancy knowledge and experience
- A commitment to best practice
- Knowledge of the charity sector and charity SORP desirable, but not essential
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
As a trustee at CSW you have a real opportunity to offer your unique skill set to help the strategic progression of the charity. Supported by a friendly and committed trustee team, you will represent CSW at events and meetings, making a real difference ensuring the role of the unpaid carer is valued and supported.
“My time as a Trustee is coming to an end but I want CSW to be in safe hand for carers of the future. CSW is still quite unique in the way it serves the largely disregarded role of the Carer. Add to that the increasing financial constraints within the NHS and Social Services and it becomes clear that CSW must continue, and in doing so look for more innovative ways of working” (from Trustees of Carer Support Wiltshire).
This includes 5 full board meetings per year whilst subcommittees meet quarterly. There is one trustee away day per year and a number of events which require the attendance of staff, volunteers and trustees. Successful candidates are expected to sit on relevant sub-committees.
One day per month; to include 5 full board meetings per year, an away day, occasional events and representation on key sub-committee.
How to apply
Your application will require the following documents:
1. Your current CV
2. Covering letter answering the following questions
- What motivated you to apply to become a trustee?
- What other experience or skills do you feel you could offer?
- Are there any areas of the organisation’s work you have a particular interest in and/or would like to become more involved in?