16 days ago
Carer Support Wiltshire (CSW) today supports around 12,000 carers. It is entering an exciting new phase, and is hoping to recruit a Trustee with digital expertise, who understands the opportunities that emerging technology can bring to the delivery of our support and services for carers and who can assist CSW as we seek to provide more digital services to carers.
- Delivering digital marketing and/or digital product development/operations/process development.
- Delivering digital services to business technologies and processes, leading to cost savings and service improvements for customers.
Carer Support Wiltshire (CSW) has undergone a transformation in recent years, created from four smaller district charities merging to form the large county wide organisation which today supports around 12,000 carers. It is entering an exciting new phase, building new projects, diversifying income sources in its goal of ensuring Wiltshire carers are well supported and is now looking to recruit a Trustee with digital experience.
What’s in it for the Volunteer?
As a trustee at CSW you have a real opportunity to offer your unique skill set to help the strategic progression of the charity. Supported by friendly and committed trustee team you will represent CSW at events and meetings and make a real difference ensuring the role of unpaid carers is valued.
“My time as a Trustee is coming to an end but I want CSW to be in safe hand for carers of the future. CSW is still quite unique in the way it serves the largely disregarded role of the Carer. Add to that the increasing financial constraints within the NHS and Social Services and it becomes clear that CSW must continue, and in doing so look for more innovative ways of working” (from Trustees of Carer Support Wiltshire).
This includes 5 full board meetings per year whilst subcommittees meet quarterly. There is one trustee away day per year and a number of events which require the attendance of staff, volunteers and trustees. Successful candidates are expected to sit on relevant sub-committees.
One day per month; to include 5 full board meetings per year, an away day, occasional events and representation on key sub-committee.
How to apply
Your application will require the following documents:
1. Your current CV
2. Covering letter answering the following questions
- What motivated you to apply to become a trustee?
- What other experience or skills do you feel you could offer?
- Are there any areas of the organisation’s work you have a particular interest in and/or would like to become more involved in?